Posted to users@felix.apache.org by Thomas Joseph <op...@gmail.com> on 2009/05/29 15:23:45 UTC

Consuming xml for ConfigAdmin

Guys,

I want to consume xml data via ConfigAdmin. More specifically I want to read
log4j.xml via ConfigAdmin and supply it to logging service (Pax Logging).

Any good ConfiAdmin implementation that consumes xml? Any advice?

--
Thanks and Regards,
/Thomas Joseph

LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/in/ethomasjoseph
Twitter: http://twitter.com/ethomasjoseph
Blog: http://openthoughtworks.blogspot.com

Promote Open Source - Promote Liberty of Ideas and Software.

Re: Consuming xml for ConfigAdmin

Posted by Christopher Armstrong <ca...@fastmail.com.au>.
Hi Thomas

It wouldn't be that hard to write an XML parser that translates the
result into a configuration. Alternatively, the Autoconf processor in
Deployment Admin can read OSGi Metatype XML files that contain
configurations, all as part of a deployment package. This latter
option is probably overkill, and only useful if you're still to define
the XML format for the configuration.

Cheers

Christopher Armstrong
carmstrong@fastmail.com.au