Posted to server-dev@james.apache.org by Danny Angus <da...@thought.co.uk> on 2001/10/10 15:56:57 UTC

Ant

I've upgraded CVS to Ant 1.4 and resolved the only build.xml error I could find, fixCRLF attribute cr has been deprecated in favour of attribute eol.

There may be problems with Zip, but I couldn't see any.

And now... it doesn't try to chmod on windows anymore, hey hey :-)

d.

RE: one I havent seen before ...

Posted by Danny Angus <da...@thought.co.uk>.
> Thank you. It would surely help me from being out of touch with the latest
> James. (BTW, do you happen to be a female...? Am I expecting too much..?)

Erm ... **too much** !

RE: one I havent seen before ...

Posted by Oki DZ <ok...@pindad.com>.
On Thu, 11 Oct 2001, Danny Angus wrote:
> M$ Outlook :-o

I see; wanna use Pine sometime...?

> But I like to use QP or Base64 for plain text emails, 'cos it beats the
> word-wrap specified in the RFC's somewhere (I forget where) which says if
> the client doesn't wrap the message at x characters any intermediate
> transport is permitted to do so.

Word-wrap.. I think most clients do it.

> The result of which is code and log-file samples which become almost
> unreadable when sent via unencoded email.
>
> I've switched this off altogether now, *just for you* :-)

Thank you. It would surely help me from being out of touch with the latest
James. (BTW, do you happen to be a female...? Am I expecting too much..?)

Oki

RE: one I havent seen before ...

Posted by Danny Angus <da...@thought.co.uk>.

M$ Outlook :-o

Re: one I havent seen before ...

Posted by Oki DZ <ok...@pindad.com>.
On Wed, 10 Oct 2001, Danny Angus wrote:
[again, no text]

Hi,
What email client do you use? I always get this, only when reading your
postings:
 [Error: Formatting error: Non-hexadecimal character in QP encoding]

I haven't seen your messages lately...

Oki

one I havent seen before ...

Posted by Danny Angus <da...@thought.co.uk>.
If anyone is interested ..

An SMPT send from my desktop hung, so I clicked the [STOP] button, james threw this:

Wed Oct 10 17:20:39 BST 2001 [WARN   ] (database-connections.maildb): Pool interrupted while waiting for lock.
java.lang.InterruptedException
	at java.lang.Object.wait(Native Method)
	at java.lang.Object.wait(Object.java:420)
	at org.apache.avalon.excalibur.concurrent.Lock.lock(Lock.java:35)
	at org.apache.avalon.excalibur.pool.DefaultPool.put(DefaultPool.java:173)
	at org.apache.avalon.excalibur.datasource.JdbcConnection.close(JdbcConnection.java:159)
	at org.apache.james.mailrepository.JDBCMailRepository.list(JDBCMailRepository.java:527)
	at org.apache.james.pop3server.POP3Handler.stat(POP3Handler.java:158)

did a load of these:

Wed Oct 10 17:20:39 BST 2001 [DEBUG  ] (database-connections.maildb): JdbcConnection object created
Wed Oct 10 17:20:39 BST 2001 [DEBUG  ] (database-connections.maildb): Retrieving a org.apache.avalon.excalibur.datasource.JdbcConnection from the pool
Wed Oct 10 17:20:39 BST 2001 [DEBUG  ] (database-connections.maildb): Returning a org.apache.avalon.excalibur.datasource.JdbcConnection to the pool

Then went into a loop of these:

java.lang.InstantiationException: Ran out of resources to instantiate
	at org.apache.avalon.excalibur.pool.HardResourceLimitingPool.newPoolable(HardResourceLimitingPool.java:98)
	at org.apache.avalon.excalibur.datasource.JdbcConnectionPool.newPoolable(JdbcConnectionPool.java:52)
	at org.apache.avalon.excalibur.pool.AbstractPool.internalGrow(AbstractPool.java:113)
	at org.apache.avalon.excalibur.pool.DefaultPool.get(DefaultPool.java:125)
	at org.apache.avalon.excalibur.datasource.JdbcConnectionPool.get(JdbcConnectionPool.java:76)
	at org.apache.avalon.excalibur.datasource.JdbcDataSource.getConnection(JdbcDataSource.java:181)
	at org.apache.james.mailrepository.JDBCMailRepository.getConnection(JDBCMailRepository.java:540)
Wed Oct 10 17:20:42 BST 2001 [WARN   ] (database-connections.maildb): Could not return Connection
java.lang.Exception: Could not create enough Components to service your request.
	at org.apache.avalon.excalibur.pool.DefaultPool.get(DefaultPool.java:133)
	at org.apache.avalon.excalibur.datasource.JdbcConnectionPool.get(JdbcConnectionPool.java:76)
	at org.apache.avalon.excalibur.datasource.JdbcDataSource.getConnection(JdbcDataSource.java:181)
	at org.apache.james.mailrepository.JDBCMailRepository.getConnection(JDBCMailRepository.java:540)
	at org.apache.james.mailrepository.JDBCSpoolRepository.accept(JDBCSpoolRepository.java:68)
	at org.apache.james.transport.JamesSpoolManager.run(JamesSpoolManager.java:196)
	at org.apache.avalon.excalibur.thread.impl.ExecutableRunnable.execute(ExecutableRunnable.java:47)