Posted to embperl@perl.apache.org by "Leideck, Wolfgang" <Wo...@onsys.de> on 2002/08/07 12:00:20 UTC

perl-5.8.0 and embperl-2.0b8

Hello,
following error occured since i use perl-5.8.0 with embperl-2.0b8:

[28510]ERR: 24: Error in Perl code: (in cleanup) Can't call method "param" on unblessed reference at /users/apache/htdocs/portal3/main/navbar.epl line 41.

Embperl/2.0b8 Apache/2.0.39 (Unix) mod_perl/1.99_04-dev Perl/v5.8.0 mod_ssl/2.0.39 OpenSSL/0.9.6c [Wed Aug 7 11:50:20 2002]

Here is the code from navbar.epl:
[$ sub menu $]
[*
   my ($req, $menutab, $idx) = @_;
   my $hashref;
   my $uri = "http://$req->{host}:$req->{port}" . $req->param->uri;
*]

Is there any special with perl-5.8.0 and embperl-2.0b8?

Wolfgang
----
Wolfgang Leideck *** ONSYS GmbH *** Serversupport
Fon: +49 (0)621/60-44103 *** Fax: +49 (0)621/60-73744

RE: perl-5.8.0 and embperl-2.0b8/1.3.4

Posted by Mark Dedlow <mt...@lbl.gov>.

> From: Kee Hinckley [mailto:nazgul@somewhere.com]
> At 8:47 AM -0700 9/5/02, Mark Dedlow wrote:
> >I'm just installed Embperl 1.3.4 with perl 5.8 on solaris
> >and it appears to work fine. I have't done much with it, but
> >it built, installed and ran a couple samples I made without
> >any complaints.
>
> Hmm.  5.8 on Linux for me is segfaulting the server (and I think I've
> finally got this configuration stuff down so I'm not doing anything
> weird).  Additionally "make test" is getting errors--some menus are
> being selected when they shouldn't be.  I'm about to try the most
> recent 5.6 (previously I was running 5.6.0, but I recently hit some
> compatibility problems with some other software) and we'll see if
> that makes any difference.

FWIW- I got segfaults with Embperl 2.x when apache invoked it,
although no complaints while building 2.x.  I didn't test it outside
apache however. My config is a "classic" apache+mod_perl+mod_ssl.
mod_perl is static, all else DSO, built with gcc 3.1.

Mark

RE: perl-5.8.0 and embperl-2.0b8/1.3.4

Posted by Kee Hinckley <na...@somewhere.com>.

--

Kee Hinckley - Somewhere.Com, LLC
http://consulting.somewhere.com/

everyone else's.

RE: perl-5.8.0 and embperl-2.0b8/1.3.4

Posted by Mark Dedlow <mt...@lbl.gov>.
> > Are there any issues with 5.8.0 and Embperl 1.3.4?  I'm having
> > trouble getting that going right now.
>

> I guess it has the same problems as 2.0. I didn't have tried it
> so far. When
> the 2.0 works with 5.8 and it is not to much work I will backport it to
> 1.3.4, but I can't tell you for now.
>
> Gerald

fyi-

Posted by Gerald Richter - ecos gmbh <ri...@ecos.de>.
> >  >Is there any special with perl-5.8.0 and embperl-2.0b8?
> >

> >Perl 5.8.0 has changed some of it's internals, so Embperl 2.0b8 doesn't
work
> >correctly under 5.8.0.
> >
> >It's on top of my todo list and I can hopefully getting it working soon
>
> Are there any issues with 5.8.0 and Embperl 1.3.4?  I'm having
> trouble getting that going right now.

I guess it has the same problems as 2.0. I didn't have tried it so far. When
the 2.0 works with 5.8 and it is not to much work I will backport it to
1.3.4, but I can't tell you for now.

Gerald

P.S. In case you will ask this next: I cannot currently make any estimates
when this will be. I have looked at 2.0 and 5.8 but it isn't very easy to
fix. Some changes in the internals of Perl doesn't play well with Embperl
and I not figured out yet what it is. Addtionaly I have a project that has
to finish very soon, so I have not much time left at the moment for doing
Embperl developement :-( (this will hopefully change soon)

Re: perl-5.8.0 and embperl-2.0b8

Posted by Kee Hinckley <na...@somewhere.com>.

Re: perl-5.8.0 and embperl-2.0b8

Posted by Gerald Richter <ri...@ecos.de>.