Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by "Schmukler, Stuart" <ss...@ebay.com> on 2002/10/16 21:17:20 UTC

RE: Database logging and log integration idea [implementation que stion]

Folks,

I have been looking for something to process that XML data from overnight
runs, but to date I have not anything good. I have not found a way for excel
2000 or Open Office 6.0 to process the XML data.

However I have found that XMLSpy can convert the data into data base tables.
Or via an XSLT into a nearly clean HTML emulation of a CSV file.

Enclosed is the XSL that our expert came up with to process the data.  Just
save it as a Text file with the extention of .csv from XMLSpy.  Delete the
first and third lines along with the two leading tab characters.  Vola, a
.csv for excel to use.

Now I am off to figure out how to convert timeStamp values to date and
times.

Have fun,
Stuart Schmukler

Posted by Michal Kostrzewa <M....@pentacomp.com.pl>.
> Enclosed is the XSL that our expert came up with to process the data.  Just
> save it as a Text file with the extention of .csv from XMLSpy.  Delete the
> first and third lines along with the two leading tab characters.  Vola, a
> .csv for excel to use.

Yes, I suppose there are many methods for generating whatewer you like from
xml. But 1) it can be time/memory consuming process 2)it's always off line
(after doing the test) 3) I cannot imagine excel searching something in 2GB
of samples I've collected last night... :-)

regards
Michal Kostrzewa