Posted to user@struts.apache.org by jz...@morelogs.de on 2002/12/07 20:53:58 UTC

Question about adding ActionErrors

Hi,

i have a LoginForm ( ValidatorForm ), which will validate if username and password is entered. Ok, but after this i have to probe if the entered username/password combination really exists in the database.

My question is where to perform the database-check ... in the LoginForm by overriding the validate method or in the requested Action ( /Login.do ) ?

It seems to me a litte bit confusing that a ValidatorForm should make a database-connect instead of the Action.

Any help would be appreciated.

Jan Zimmek