Posted to dev@cocoon.apache.org by Gianugo Rabellino <gi...@apache.org> on 2002/08/12 09:42:47 UTC

XLink anyone?

Hi,

I'm experiencing weird problems with XLink while trying to process an
OpenOffice document (yes, I'm working on a filter, hope it might be
useful to all of us).

I'm ending up with a java.lang.StackOverflow error with Cocoon trying to
process an xlink in a (too much) recursive way. I'm trying to understand
where the real problem is, but I'm a bit confused about how (and why,
actually) Cocoon is processing XLinks.

I'm attaching the offending document, which is, BTW, just the example
taken from http://www.chez.com/ebellot/ooo2sdbk/, the tool I'm trying to
"clone" on Cocoon. To reproduce the problem it's enough to have Cocoon
parse the XML:

<match="whatever">
   <generate src="content.xml"/>
   <serialize/>
</match>

You will see that Cocoon chokes while trying to process the png image
referenced as an xlink. Any clues?

TIA,

--
Gianugo Rabellino

Re: XLink anyone?

Posted by Gianugo Rabellino <gi...@apache.org>.
Joerg Heinicke wrote:
> If you only have
>
> <match="whatever">
>   <generate src="content.xml"/>
>   <serialize/>
> </match>
>
> Cocoon will only parse the file and serialize it. Where should the
> handling of XLink's come from?
>
> I tested with a 2.0.2-dev version from march. Cocoon chokes only on the
> missing DTD, so I removed the doctype declaration and everything works
> fine.

Hmmm... wait: have you tried the CLI version too? I did the tests on
that, this might be the problem, since the CLI actually deals with
XLinks (in order to process recursively the pages). The problem might be
there. I'll give it a try in a servlet environment, but I still suspect
that a bug is lying around. Can you please try the CLI version?

TIA,

--
Gianugo Rabellino

Re: XLink anyone?

Posted by Joerg Heinicke <jo...@gmx.de>.
If you only have

<match="whatever">
   <generate src="content.xml"/>
   <serialize/>
</match>

Cocoon will only parse the file and serialize it. Where should the handling
of XLink's come from?

I tested with a 2.0.2-dev version from march. Cocoon chokes only on the
missing DTD, so I removed the doctype declaration and everything works fine.

Joerg

--

System Development
VIRBUS AG

Re: XLink anyone?

Posted by Gianugo Rabellino <gi...@apache.org>.

Re: XLink anyone?

Posted by Joerg Heinicke <jo...@gmx.de>.
Why should Cocoon choke on parsing an XML file - if it is really one?? The
parser doesn't know anything about XLink, so I think this can't be the
problem. Have a look at the XML. It looks really strange.

I downloaded the example SXW from the link you gave, unzipped it and looked
at the content.xml (delivered via Cocoon) in Mozilla. Maybe you made an
error while unzipping the SXW.

Regards,

Joerg

--