Posted to dev@trafficcontrol.apache.org by "Moltzau, Matthew" <Ma...@comcast.com> on 2018/10/25 21:46:56 UTC

Non-automatic asfgit bot

Is it possible to configure the asfgit bot to not automatically run tests on every push?
Not sure if this is just me, but a lot of times I tend to push multiple times before tests
really need to be run. Sometimes I do a quick fixup and push after an initial push, which
triggers two test jobs. Or I might forget about a second commit I need to also push since I
have a ‘commit and push’ mentality.
Thoughts? +1/-1?

Re: Non-automatic asfgit bot

Posted by Rawlin Peters <ra...@gmail.com>.
I think by default we should have automated CI tests run on every
push, but if a subsequent push is done before the tests for the
previous push to the same PR have completed, the bot should kill the
first job and start a new job. That way there can only ever be one set
of tests running/queued at a time per PR. Anyone know if that's the
case currently or can be made so? I'd say if you've made multiple
quick pushes, you aren't really interested in the first push, just the
latest push.

- Rawlin

Re: [EXTERNAL] Non-automatic asfgit bot

Posted by "Gelinas, Derek" <De...@comcast.com>.
I'm -1 on this. A PR should represent a complete change that is ready for testing, not a work in progress.