Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Sampath K Settipalli <Sa...@genome.wi.mit.edu> on 2001/11/15 18:04:52 UTC

class reloading without ending current session in Tomcat 3.3

Hi,

   I'm using Apache, mod_jk & Tomcat3.3 . I need the classreloading to
work without ending the current session .
    Whenever Tomcat detects a class to be reloaded it ends the current
session and user needs to login into the application and hence losing
the current data.It does the reloading and that part  is fine. With
<ReloadInterceptor fullReload="true" /> in server.xml Tomcat makes a
full clean reload(starts a new session)  and it works fine. I tried
setting the fullReload="false" . But that doesn't work. Gives me
exceptions. Is there a way to set class reloading in Tomcat 3.3 without
ending the current active session.  I need class reloading and user
should be able to continue with the current session. We need this for
development environment . Its on Solaris. Any help is appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
Sampath