Posted to common-dev@hadoop.apache.org by He Yongqiang <he...@software.ict.ac.cn> on 2009/05/16 03:09:50 UTC

A brief report of Second Hadoop in China Salon

Hi, all
 In May 9, we held the second Hadoop In China salon.  About 150 people
attended, 46% of them are engineers/managers from industry companies, and
38% of them are students/professors from universities and institutes.  This
salon was successfully held with great technical support from Yahoo! Beijing
R&D, Zheng Shao from Facebook Inc., Wang Shouyan from Baidu Inc. and many
other high technology companies in China. We got over one hundred feedbacks
from attendees, and most of them are interested in details and wants more
discussions. And 1/3 of them want we to include more topics or more sessions
for hadoop subprojects. And most students/professors want to be more
familiar with hadoop and try to find new research topic on top of hadoop.
Most students want to involve themselves and contribute to hadoop, but do
not know how or find it is a little difficulty because of language/zone
problems.
   Thank you all the attendees again. Without you, it would never success.

  We already put the slides on site: www.hadooper.cn, and the videos are
coming soon.

  BTW, I insist on letting this event to be nonprofit. In the past two
meetings, we did not charge anyone for anything.

Re: A brief report of Second Hadoop in China Salon

Posted by "Tsz Wo (Nicholas), Sze" <s2...@yahoo.com>.
Congratulations!

Nicholas Sze

Posted by Yabo-Arber Xu <ar...@gmail.com>.
Congratulations! Wished I were there. :-)

Best,
Arber

Posted by Min Zhou <co...@gmail.com>.
Cheers!  Thank you all organizers and speakers!

On Sun, May 17, 2009 at 6:49 PM, Qingyan(Evan) Liu <qi...@gmail.com>wrote:

> yes, that's a great conference. thanks a lot to the organizers and
> reporters.
>
> 2009/5/16 He Yongqiang <he...@software.ict.ac.cn>
>
> > Hi, all
> >  In May 9, we held the second Hadoop In China salon.  About 150 people
> > attended, 46% of them are engineers/managers from industry companies, and
> > 38% of them are students/professors from universities and institutes.
>  This
> > salon was successfully held with great technical support from Yahoo!
> > Beijing
> > R&D, Zheng Shao from Facebook Inc., Wang Shouyan from Baidu Inc. and many
> > other high technology companies in China. We got over one hundred
> feedbacks
> > from attendees, and most of them are interested in details and wants more
> > discussions. And 1/3 of them want we to include more topics or more
> > sessions
> > for hadoop subprojects. And most students/professors want to be more
> > familiar with hadoop and try to find new research topic on top of hadoop.
> > Most students want to involve themselves and contribute to hadoop, but do
> > not know how or find it is a little difficulty because of language/zone
> > problems.
> >   Thank you all the attendees again. Without you, it would never success.
> >
> >  We already put the slides on site: www.hadooper.cn, and the videos are
> > coming soon.
> >
> >  BTW, I insist on letting this event to be nonprofit. In the past two
> > meetings, we did not charge anyone for anything.

bytecode based virtual machine.

My profile:
http://www.linkedin.com/in/coderplay
My blog:
http://coderplay.javaeye.com

Re: A brief report of Second Hadoop in China Salon

Posted by "Qingyan(Evan) Liu" <qi...@gmail.com>.

Posted by "Qingyan(Evan) Liu" <qi...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Yabo-Arber Xu <ar...@gmail.com>.

Posted by "Tsz Wo (Nicholas), Sze" <s2...@yahoo.com>.
Congratulations!

Nicholas Sze

Posted by Zhong Wang <wa...@gmail.com>.
That's so great! Thank you Yongqiang for organizing this salon and
thanks all organizers and
reporters.

--
Zhong Wang

Re: A brief report of Second Hadoop in China Salon

Posted by Ian jonhson <jo...@gmail.com>.
Indeed. This kind of communication beyond community achieves more
influence on China. I am also an attendee in salon to witness the boom
of hadoop in China (both in research and industry).  Furthermore, many
idea and application based on hadoop presents  attraction of hadoop
in China hadoop developers.

Congratulations !

Posted by Ian jonhson <jo...@gmail.com>.