Posted to zeta-users@incubator.apache.org by Christian Weber <we...@hdpmail.de> on 2010/12/20 16:18:46 UTC

[zeta-users] Webdav - Best Practice (Server configuration)

 Hello,

for my current project I'm using zetaComponents (I startet with
ezComponents) for Webdav.
The implementation worked well for my testfiles. Now I startet to test
with files larger than 1GB an ran into problems with that.

Every time I upload files larger than (round about) 1GB the script
crashes (that's why I updated to zetaComponents with the same result).
Through debuging I finally found the crashing line.

$this->properties['body'] = (string) $body;

It's line 55 in file trunk/Webdav/src/requests/put.php

As it works with smaller files (successfully tested with 900MB) it seems
to be a configuration problem.
Is there any best practice for the server configuration or generally on
using Webdav with zetaComponents?

The Server has 8GB of RAM, so it should be enough.
I set the maximum for the script timeout, input time, max file upload
and so on to high values.
I tested max RAM with 8GB, with 2GB and a little below 2GB to make shure
it's not because of unusual settings.

I hope someone has a clue for it and want's to share it.

Kind regards

Christian

HDPnet GmbH
Erwin-Rohde-Str. 18
69120 Heidelberg

Geschaeftsfuehrer: Marc Hermann
Registergericht: Mannheim HRB 337012
Sitz: Heidelberg
Umsatzsteuer ID Nr.: DE 211 257 470

www.hdpnet.de

Diese E-Mail enthaelt vertrauliche und/oder rechtlich geschuetzte
irrtuemlich erhalten haben, informieren Sie bitte sofort den Absender und