Posted to general@gump.apache.org by Leo Simons <ma...@leosimons.com> on 2005/02/22 15:54:45 UTC

Gump @ Fosdem, Saturday 26 february

Hi Everyone!

This Saturday, during The Free and Open Source Developers European Meeting
("FOSDEM"), I'll be giving a short (approx 40 minutes) presentation that
will mainly be about gump, as part of the "Building Bridges" track that's
occurring Saturday afternoon at the Classpath Hacker Room.

The entire "building bridges" track is hopefully going to be very
interesting. Various developers from different free and open source
developer communities are getting together to talk about reaching out to
each other for mutual benefit, fun, etc. I'm very exited about the
possibilities of cooperation, and I'm definitely not the only one!

Besides the building bridges afternoon there will of course be lots of
actual bridge building during events such as pre-dinner drinks, dinner, and
after-dinner drinks.

FOSDEM is free for everyone with no registration required, so if you happen
to be in the neighbourhood, do make sure to pop by.

For more information, please see:

   http://www.fosdem.org/2005/index/dev_room_classpath

And in general

   http://www.fosdem.org/

I'm not sure if there's wireless, but if there is, I expect there'll be all
sorts of fun-to-watch traffic in IRC channels such as #classpath, which
might be interesting to peek at if you're unable to attend. Slides will go
up online somewhere as well, no doubt.

Hope to see you at fosdem!

Best regards,

Leo Simons

Re: Gump @ Fosdem, Saturday 26 february

Posted by Stefan Bodewig <bo...@apache.org>.
On Tue, 22 Feb 2005, Leo Simons <ma...@leosimons.com> wrote:

> This Saturday, during The Free and Open Source Developers European
> Meeting ("FOSDEM"), I'll be giving a short (approx 40 minutes)
> presentation that will mainly be about gump, as part of the
> "Building Bridges" track that's occurring Saturday afternoon at the
> Classpath Hacker Room.

All my envy is with you, in particular since I live about three or
four hours by car from Brussels - unfortunately this weekend has been
blocked a long time ago.

Have fun

     Stefan

Re: Gump @ Fosdem, Saturday 26 february

Posted by Stefano Mazzocchi <st...@apache.org>.
Leo Simons wrote:
> Hi Everyone!
>
> This Saturday, during The Free and Open Source Developers European Meeting
> ("FOSDEM"), I'll be giving a short (approx 40 minutes) presentation that
> will mainly be about gump, as part of the "Building Bridges" track that's
> occurring Saturday afternoon at the Classpath Hacker Room.
>
> The entire "building bridges" track is hopefully going to be very
> interesting. Various developers from different free and open source
> developer communities are getting together to talk about reaching out to
> each other for mutual benefit, fun, etc. I'm very exited about the
> possibilities of cooperation, and I'm definitely not the only one!
>
> Besides the building bridges afternoon there will of course be lots of
> actual bridge building during events such as pre-dinner drinks, dinner, and
> after-dinner drinks.
>
> FOSDEM is free for everyone with no registration required, so if you happen
> to be in the neighbourhood, do make sure to pop by.
>
> For more information, please see:
>
>    http://www.fosdem.org/2005/index/dev_room_classpath
>
> And in general
>
>    http://www.fosdem.org/
>
> I'm not sure if there's wireless, but if there is, I expect there'll be all
> sorts of fun-to-watch traffic in IRC channels such as #classpath, which
> might be interesting to peek at if you're unable to attend. Slides will go
> up online somewhere as well, no doubt.
>
> Hope to see you at fosdem!

Have fun!

--