Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Bala Nemani <bn...@khameleonsoftware.com> on 2001/08/20 19:50:15 UTC

Tomcat on Windows vs. Unix

We are developing a web application using Tomcat 3.1, Oracle DB, JSP, Java
Servelets using MVC Architecture. All the development and testing is being
done in Windows platform (Tomcat running on Windows 2000). But customer
would like to deploy Tomcat on Unix

Are there any known issues that we need to be pay extra attention to? Have
any one done this kind of deployment? Any help/hints are appreciated

Regards,

Bala Nemani

Re: Tomcat on Windows vs. Unix

Posted by Denis Haskin <De...@HaskinFerguson.net>.
Ditto.  Development is on Win 2000, deployment on Solaris.  No issues.

dwh

RE: Tomcat on Windows vs. Unix

Posted by Jim Urban <ji...@netsteps.net>.
We do all our application (servlets only) development on Win (NT) and have
deployed to Win 2K, Solaris and AIX.  We have used Oracle, MS-SQL and MySQL
for databases.  We have had no problems with this approach.  Now compare
this to our old C++ platform and....

Jim Urban
Product Manager
Netsteps Inc.