Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Vinay Nagrik <vn...@gmail.com> on 2008/04/30 18:51:19 UTC

struts.xml (struts-default) and meaning of <%@ taglib prefix="s" uri="/struts-tags" %>

Hello Group,

I was building my first HelloWorld web application and it is up and running,
but out of curiosity I
wish to find out the meaing of

What is the meaning of prefix  and uri="/struts-tags" % and if I can look at
this file/page.

Similarly in struts.xml file I came across

<package name="default" extends="struts-default">

And once again where can I find the configuration of struts-defautl package.

I unpacked the xwork.jar in the WEB-INF classes directory, but did not find
these two files.

Can someone throw somelight on it.

--
Thanks

Nagrik

Re: struts.xml (struts-default) and meaning of <%@ taglib prefix="s" uri="/struts-tags" %>

Posted by Laurie Harper <la...@holoweb.net>.
Vinay Nagrik wrote:
> [...]
> <%@ taglib prefix="s" uri="/struts-tags" %>
>
> What is the meaning of prefix  and uri="/struts-tags" % and if I can look at
> this file/page.
> [...]

If you aren't familiar with Servelts, Java Server Pages and Java web
application development in general, I strongly recommend starting with a
good tutorial on those topics before getting into Struts. The Struts
documentation generally assumes you understand these technologies, at
least the basics.

> Similarly in struts.xml file I came across
>
> <package name="default" extends="struts-default">
>
> And once again where can I find the configuration of struts-defautl package.

As Jim said, you can find that in the struts-defaults.xml in the Struts
jar. It is also included in the main documentation [1] under
Configuration => struts-default.xml [2].

L.

[1] http://struts.apache.org/2.0.11/docs/guides.html
[2] http://struts.apache.org/2.0.11/docs/guides.html

Re: struts.xml (struts-default) and meaning of <%@ taglib prefix="s" uri="/struts-tags" %>

Posted by Jim Kiley <jh...@summa-tech.com>.
struts-default.xml can be found in the struts2-core jar (mine is
struts2-core-2.0.11.jar but YMMV).

struts-tags.tld is in the same jar, under META-INF.

--
Jim Kiley
Technical Consultant | Summa