Posted to users@myfaces.apache.org by Paul Mander <pa...@chordiant.com> on 2007/12/18 12:25:25 UTC

[trinidad] escape="false" for form component labels

I think I've hit a dead end with what I want to achieve as my solution
requires that the label for an input text not be escaped which will mess up
my skinning and I don't think this is even supported.

What I want to do is simply output a currency symbol as part of the label of
a tr:inputtext. The symbol needs to be read from a bean that gets its values
from a property file. This appears to work fine and my component looks
something like...

I'm using an EL expression to determine the currency.

The problem occurs when I want to define a EURO symbol. If I define the
symbol in the property file using the windows Character map, myeclipse
refuses to save the file complaining about character sets. So I thought I'd
define the symbol using the html code: &#8364; which works fine except that
the trinidad label part of inputtext escapes it and outputs &amp'#8364;

Does anyone have an idea how i can achieve this? I need to have the label
and symbol as part of the label so it lines up in a panelformlayout.

Re: [trinidad] escape="false" for form component labels

Posted by Scott O'Bryan <da...@gmail.com>.
Can you save it as UTF-8?

Can't you save the file as UTF-8 or UTF-16?

Scott

Posted by Paul Mander <pa...@chordiant.com>.
I've managed to solve this by defining the euro symbol using the unicode
value in the property file as \u20AC.