Posted to dev@tuscany.apache.org by Mike Edwards <mi...@gmail.com> on 2008/05/15 15:26:19 UTC

Test Failures in Tutorial - Anyone else seeing these?

Folks,

Trying to run a build of trunk at the moment and I am getting test failures in tutorial\store-test -
is anyone else seeing these?

The failure I'm getting is

SEVERE: SCA Node could not be created
         at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.java:
39)
         at sun.reflect.DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(DelegatingConstructorAccessorIm
pl.java:27)
         at java.lang.reflect.Constructor.newInstance(Constructor.java:494)
         at org.apache.tuscany.sca.node.launcher.NodeLauncherUtil.node(NodeLauncherUtil.java:297)
         at org.apache.tuscany.sca.node.launcher.NodeLauncher.createNode(NodeLauncher.java:60)
         at test.StoreSupplierTestCase.setup(StoreSupplierTestCase.java:58)

<snip>...

Caused by: org.osoa.sca.ServiceRuntimeException: java.io.IOException: Server returned HTTP response
code: 500 for URL: http://localhost:9990/composite-resolved/composite:store-supplier;http://store;st
ore-supplier
         at org.apache.tuscany.sca.node.impl.NodeImpl.<init>(NodeImpl.java:155)
         at org.apache.tuscany.sca.node.impl.NodeFactoryImpl.createSCANode(NodeFactoryImpl.java:37)
         at org.apache.tuscany.sca.implementation.node.launcher.NodeImplementationLauncherBootstrap.<
init>(NodeImplementationLauncherBootstrap.java:94)
         ... 31 more
Caused by: java.io.IOException: Server returned HTTP response code: 500 for URL: http://localhost:99
90/composite-resolved/composite:store-supplier;http://store;store-supplier
         at sun.net.www.protocol.http.HttpURLConnection.getInputStream(HttpURLConnection.java:1170)
         at java.net.URL.openStream(URL.java:1007)
         at org.apache.tuscany.sca.node.impl.NodeImpl.configureNode(NodeImpl.java:306)
         at org.apache.tuscany.sca.node.impl.NodeImpl.<init>(NodeImpl.java:152)
         ... 33 more
Tests run: 2, Failures: 0, Errors: 2, Skipped: 0, Time elapsed: 5.718 sec <<< FAILURE!

Any help gratefully received,

Yours,  Mike.

Re: Test Failures in Tutorial - Anyone else seeing these?

Posted by Mike Edwards <mi...@gmail.com>.
Mark Combellack wrote:
> Hi Mike,
>
> I've just done a partial branch build and did not see the error you were
> having. I did the following:
>
> 	svn up modules tutorial
> 	cd modules
> 	mvn clean install
> 	cd tutorial
> 	mvn clean install
>
> I did not see any errors reported. Odd.
>
> Mark

Mark,

Thanks for replying - I did an update and build this morning, which has been giving the failures.

Simon Laws confirmed privately that he was seeing similar failures.

I just ran svn update again - and surprise, surprise, there were a whole load of new updates - I'm
re-running the build now and I'll let you know the results!

Posted by Mark Combellack <mc...@apache.org>.
Hi Mike,

Posted by Mark Combellack <mc...@apache.org>.
Hi Mike,

I've just done a clean of my .m2 repository and a complete rebuild from
incubator/tuscany/java with SVN revision 656738. I can build the modules but
I get a failure in the helloworld-bpel sample (see [1] below). I've built it
several times and it reliably fails for me.

I then went into the samples directory and rebuilt them 10+ times and I
still do not get any failures.

Following on from ant's comment of it being an intermittent fault, it might
be a timing issue. The machine I am building on is fairly quick. It is a 4
core 3.8 GHz RedHat Enterprise 5 Linux server. Perhaps my machine is fast
enough not to show the problem?

Thanks,

Mark

[1] Test failure in helloworld-bpel

 T E S T S
Running helloworld.BPELHelloWorldTestCase
Tests run: 1, Failures: 0, Errors: 1, Skipped: 0, Time elapsed: 10.329 sec
<<< FAILURE!
testInvoke(helloworld.BPELHelloWorldTestCase)  Time elapsed: 10.304 sec  <<<
ERROR!
org.apache.tuscany.sca.databinding.TransformationException: No wrapper
handler is provided for databinding: null
        at
org.apache.tuscany.sca.core.databinding.transformers.Input2InputTransformer.
getWrapperHandler(Input2InputTransformer.java:206)
        at
org.apache.tuscany.sca.core.databinding.transformers.Input2InputTransformer.
transform(Input2InputTransformer.java:112)
        at
org.apache.tuscany.sca.core.databinding.transformers.Input2InputTransformer.
transform(Input2InputTransformer.java:45)
        at
org.apache.tuscany.sca.databinding.impl.MediatorImpl.mediate(MediatorImpl.ja
va:79)
        at
org.apache.tuscany.sca.core.databinding.wire.DataTransformationInterceptor.t
ransform(DataTransformationInterceptor.java:186)
        at
org.apache.tuscany.sca.core.databinding.wire.DataTransformationInterceptor.i
nvoke(DataTransformationInterceptor.java:76)
        at
org.apache.tuscany.sca.binding.sca.impl.SCABindingInvoker.invoke(SCABindingI
nvoker.java:61)
        at
org.apache.tuscany.sca.core.databinding.wire.PassByValueInterceptor.invoke(P
assByValueInterceptor.java:103)
        at
org.apache.tuscany.sca.core.invocation.JDKInvocationHandler.invoke(JDKInvoca
tionHandler.java:286)
        at
org.apache.tuscany.sca.core.invocation.JDKInvocationHandler.invoke(JDKInvoca
tionHandler.java:154)
        at $Proxy20.hello(Unknown Source)
        at
helloworld.BPELHelloWorldTestCase.testInvoke(BPELHelloWorldTestCase.java:56)
        at
)
        at
.java:25)
        at
org.junit.internal.runners.OldTestClassRunner.run(OldTestClassRunner.java:35
)
        at
org.apache.maven.surefire.junit4.JUnit4TestSet.execute(JUnit4TestSet.java:62
)
        at
org.apache.maven.surefire.suite.AbstractDirectoryTestSuite.executeTestSet(Ab
stractDirectoryTestSuite.java:138)
        at
org.apache.maven.surefire.suite.AbstractDirectoryTestSuite.execute(AbstractD
irectoryTestSuite.java:125)
        at org.apache.maven.surefire.Surefire.run(Surefire.java:132)
        at
)
        at
.java:25)
        at
org.apache.maven.surefire.booter.SurefireBooter.runSuitesInProcess(SurefireB
ooter.java:308)
        at
org.apache.maven.surefire.booter.SurefireBooter.main(SurefireBooter.java:879
)

Results :

Tests in error:

Posted by ant elder <an...@gmail.com>.