Posted to user@couchdb.apache.org by Wordit <wo...@gmail.com> on 2011/05/30 14:46:21 UTC

Re: SOLVED - Admin password change - Futon?

Thanks Gabor, we did find out how to do this with Futon. Jason
explained how it's done, but it's *not* specific to IrisCouch. Works
on any Couch.

Goto Configuration in Futon, then click "Add new section" and enter
into the dialog:

section = admins; option = admin; value = the new password

Futon will either add an additional admin user or overwrite the
existing password if the user exists.

HTH anyone else in the same predicament,

Marcus

Posted by Wordit <wo...@gmail.com>.
I was able to login as admin all the time. I needed to change the
admin passwd. It was all due to a break-in at a third-party site where
a hacker had stolen the passwds. Since I was using the same passwd it
needed changing.

I thought it better not to mention that until I had changed it :-)

Thanks for all the help,

Marcus

Posted by Gabor Ratky <rg...@rgabostyle.com>.