Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Patrick Donker <li...@webpagina.nu> on 2004/10/13 21:20:47 UTC

[users@httpd] Upload files to webserver

Hi people,

I have a question that most certainly has been asked before. I've
searched the list but havent found a usefull answer though.
I'd like to use a webform to remotely upload files to my webserver. One
file at a time is good enough, but the files will be *big* 100megs and
over. Ftp is no option as the locations I need to upload from usually
are firewalled.
Is there a howto or ready-made scripts anywhere?
Thanks

-Patrick

Re: [users@httpd] Upload files to webserver

Posted by Dick Davies <ra...@hellooperator.net>.
* Patrick Donker <li...@webpagina.nu> [1043 22:43]:
> Dick Davies wrote:
>
> >* Patrick Donker <li...@webpagina.nu> [1021 20:21]:
> >
> >>Hi people,
> >>
> >>I have a question that most certainly has been asked before. I've
> >>searched the list but havent found a usefull answer though.
> >>I'd like to use a webform to remotely upload files to my webserver. One
> >>file at a time is good enough, but the files will be *big* 100megs and
> >>over. Ftp is no option as the locations I need to upload from usually
> >>are firewalled.
> >

> >WebDAV will do it - not sure of the performance though...
> >

> I've been planning to look at that for a while. Looks like a good
> oportunity to do now ;)
> Thanks

Give it a whirl - it's pretty well designed and mod_dav comes with apache2.

See www.webdav.org for details.
--
What have you done to the cat? It looks half-dead. - Schroedinger's wife

Re: [users@httpd] Upload files to webserver

Posted by Patrick Donker <li...@webpagina.nu>.

Posted by David H <go...@yahoo.com>.

> WebDAV will do it - not sure of the performance
> though...

For my experience not as good as ftp, but acceptable.
When I upload large files it locks up window explorer
but will unlock after done. I have to use <Alt> <Tab>
to use other opened programs. Small file works great
no lock up problem. Good Luck Dave

Re: [users@httpd] Upload files to webserver

Posted by Dick Davies <ra...@hellooperator.net>.
* Patrick Donker <li...@webpagina.nu> [1021 20:21]:
> Hi people,
>
> I have a question that most certainly has been asked before. I've
> searched the list but havent found a usefull answer though.
> I'd like to use a webform to remotely upload files to my webserver. One
> file at a time is good enough, but the files will be *big* 100megs and
> over. Ftp is no option as the locations I need to upload from usually
> are firewalled.

WebDAV will do it - not sure of the performance though...

--
Oh. Your. God. - Bender

Re: [users@httpd] Upload files to webserver

Posted by Patrick Donker <li...@webpagina.nu>.
Patrick Boutilier wrote:

> On 10/13/2004 04:20 PM, Patrick Donker wrote:
>
>> Hi people,
>>
>> I have a question that most certainly has been asked before. I've
>> searched the list but havent found a usefull answer though.
>> I'd like to use a webform to remotely upload files to my webserver. One
>> file at a time is good enough, but the files will be *big* 100megs and
>> over. Ftp is no option as the locations I need to upload from usually
>> are firewalled.
>> Is there a howto or ready-made scripts anywhere?
>

> This might be of use:
>
> http://freshmeat.net/projects/drall/

Will take a look, thanks

Re: [users@httpd] Upload files to webserver