Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by Fulvio Guglielmelli <fu...@yahoo.it> on 2008/02/22 12:14:15 UTC

Regular Expressin Extractor problem with test

Hi
  I'm tring to apply a match regex on this string
             the field "text" is

  Regular Expressin Extractor
      reference name = example
      regular expression = (the field "text" is)
      template = $1$
      Match = 1
      Default = NO

  Running Jmeter always return NO

  If i change
  regular expression = (the field)  the match work correctly.

  I tryed also to use jakarta Demonstration Applet if i insert
  "text" or \"text\" the regex match correctly

  Where is the error?
  THANKS
Fulvio

---------------------------------

---------------------------------

Re: Regular Expressin Extractor problem with test

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.
On 22/02/2008, Fulvio Guglielmelli <fu...@yahoo.it> wrote:
> Hi
>   I'm tring to apply a match regex on this string
>              the field "text" is
>
>   Regular Expressin Extractor
>       reference name = example
>       regular expression = (the field "text" is)
>       template = $1$
>       Match = 1
>       Default = NO
>
>   Running Jmeter always return NO

Odd, because that looks OK.

>   If i change
>   regular expression = (the field)  the match work correctly.

This means that the rest of the RE was not quite right.

>   I tryed also to use jakarta Demonstration Applet if i insert
>   "text" or \"text\" the regex match correctly

Double-quotes are not meta-characters and don't need to be escaped.

>   Where is the error?

Are you sure the spacing is correct? It's easy to overlook a different
number of spaces.
Or perhaps there are tabs?

You can match arbitrary white space with \s+