Posted to dev@mina.apache.org by "David M. Lloyd" <da...@redhat.com> on 2007/12/18 16:44:09 UTC

Logging!@!#!$!

OK, so obviously I've touched a few (ok, well a lot) of nerves with
this whole logging thread.  A lot of ideas were raised (most of which
were of the persuasion of "I know where you can stick your logging").

I think Trustin has hit upon the ideal solution with his log2log
project idea.  This really seems to be the best of all worlds - and
it's a good idea of what happens when people try to come up with
imaginative solutions rather than indulging in a flamewar. :-)

So let's see how this new project shakes out.  If it works out then I
think that my issue will be solved at least.

Carrying on then...

- DML

Re: Logging!@!#!$!

Posted by "David M. Lloyd" <da...@redhat.com>.
I was merely trying to end the thread on a polite note.  There's no
reason to threaten.

- DML

Re: Logging!@!#!$!

Posted by Alex Karasulu <ak...@apache.org>.

Re: Logging!@!#!$!

Posted by Emmanuel Lecharny <el...@gmail.com>.
David M. Lloyd wrote:
> OK, so obviously I've touched a few (ok, well a lot) of nerves with
> this whole logging thread.  A lot of ideas were raised (most of which
> were of the persuasion of "I know where you can stick your logging").
>
> I think Trustin has hit upon the ideal solution with his log2log
> project idea.  This really seems to be the best of all worlds - and
> it's a good idea of what happens when people try to come up with
> imaginative solutions rather than indulging in a flamewar. :-)

As soon as the log2log is hosted in apache labs, and as soon as it is
accepted in this lab, no pb. But as Alex vetoed a change regarding logs
for one year in MINA, this thread is over...

cordialement, regards,
Emmanuel Lécharny
www.iktek.com
directory.apache.org