Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Teruhiko Kurosaka <Ku...@basistech.com> on 2010/06/29 03:13:33 UTC

What is the proper procedure to reopen closed bugs?

I'd like to reopen a bug SOLR-1960
"http://wiki.apache.org/solr/ : non-English users get generic MoinMoin page instead of the desired information"
as I submitted a patch.  But jira won't let me do it.
Do I have to clone it?

----
Teruhiko "Kuro" Kurosaka, 415-227-9600 x122
RLP + Lucene & Solr = powerful search for global contents

Re: What is the proper procedure to reopen closed bugs?

Posted by Chris Hostetter <ho...@fucit.org>.
: I'd like to reopen a bug SOLR-1960
: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SOLR-1960
: "http://wiki.apache.org/solr/ : non-English users get generic MoinMoin page instead of the desired information"

It looks like Koji has already helped you out with SOLR-1960, and that
issue is obviously a special case for dealing with teh wiki, but in
general reopening a "closed" bug is almost never the correct thing to do
-- closed is normally used to indicate that a "fix" has been included in a
release, so if the bug has re-appeared, you want to open a new bug (linked
to the old one) so you can track it distinctly - otherwise two different
releases would both indicate in their CHANGES.txt file that they "fix" the
same issue.

-Hoss