Posted to xmlrpc-dev@ws.apache.org by Ryan Hoegg <rh...@isisnetworks.net> on 2003/01/27 01:59:00 UTC

Bug 15216 / JXTA XML-RPC

Hi,

I was looking over your bug report, and see no reason that your
suggested changes should be blocked.

I took a look at the site you linked to, and am a bit puzzled.  The
XML-RPC spec explicitly mentions HTTP POST as the transport.  Now, of
course you are free to write it using an asynchronous transport as the
SMTP people have done, but how would a library such as ours
interoperate?  Would you post an HTTP to JXTA bridge using a servlet?

I have recently been musing on contacting the maintainers of several
XML-RPC projects to talk about a more thorough way of guaranteeing
interoperability.  If we could figure out some way for our libraries to
communicate, would you be interested in this?

--
Ryan Hoegg / Apache XML-RPC / http://ws.apache.org
ISIS Networks