Posted to fop-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Chris Bowditch <bo...@hotmail.com> on 2005/07/19 10:10:47 UTC

Re: FOP embedding problem (NoClassDefFoundError)

Samuel Remacle wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'm a young programmer and I'd like to embed FOP in my application, but
> unfortunately I'm having some problems to do this.
>
> First of all, I tried to embed FOP using the code given in the sample
> application ExampleFO2PDF (available with FOP), but when I tried to test
> my application, I got the following error:
>
> Exception in thread main
> java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org.apache.fop.fo.PropertyListMaker

It sounds to me as if you have downloaded the source code and not the
binary distribution. Am I right? In which case you need to run the ant
build script to create the Property classes! Just type build from the
command line in the directory where you have downloaded FOP!

Chris

Re: FOP embedding problem (NoClassDefFoundError)

Posted by Jeremias Maerki <de...@greenmail.ch>.
Samuel,

this sounds a lot like you're really mixing different versions. Please
take a step back, remove all the FOP stuff and restart from the FOP
0.20.5 binary distribution. This should work nicely, if all the
classpaths (compiling and runtime!) are set up correctly.

On 19.07.2005 10:16:07 Samuel Remacle wrote:
> No, I tried both, first I downloaded the binary distribution, and when I
> saw it wasn't working I tried to download the source code and I built it
> with the build.bat file given with FOP, so I obtained the fop.jar file
> (which is supposed to contain all the necessary classes) and I added it
> to my environment (Oracle JDeveloper) but I'm getting the errors I
> explained in my previous mail.

Jeremias Maerki