Posted to user@phoenix.apache.org by Jared Katz <ja...@jet.com> on 2016/03/30 16:30:06 UTC

Phoenix Query Server - 413 Entity Too Large

This is my first post to this mailing list, so I hope I'm doing this correctly...

My question is pretty simple: I'm trying to execute a pretty large DML query over the Phoenix Query Server, and I get a "413 Entity Too Large" error. Smaller queries run fine. Is there a setting I can change in a config somewhere to allow for larger queries?

Thanks!
Jared

P.S. - I'm currently running the Phoenix Query Server on a (Ubuntu) Azure HDInsights cluster, and I'm running the following version of Phoenix: 4.4.0.2.3.3.1-1

RE: Phoenix Query Server - 413 Entity Too Large

Posted by Jared Katz <ja...@jet.com>.
Hi Josh,

Thanks a lot for the info. I began attempting to update Phoenix manually, but after digging around a bit, I suspect Azure does some non-standard automagic configuration that I shouldn't tamper with. I reached out to Azure for help with the upgrade.

Thanks again,
Jared

That version of Phoenix (probably) is using Calcite-1.2.0-incubating.

You could ask the vendor to update to a newer version, or use Phoenix
4.7.0 (directly from Apache) which is using Calcite-1.6.0.

Posted by Josh Elser <jo...@gmail.com>.
Hi Jared,