Posted to dev@forrest.apache.org by Douglas Morris <do...@live.com> on 2011/09/07 23:37:03 UTC

Broken Build?: Plugins Moved between 0.9 to 0.10?

Hi. Forrest looks like a very promising software. Thanks for working hard on it.

I just tried to build the author-site documentation in forrest 0.9. It seems (I looked online) that the input plugins have moved from
     http://forrest.apache.org/plugins/0.9/
     http://forrest.apache.org/plugins/

My build via 'forrest' with 'author-site' as the current directory in Windows XP has broken links and does not generate index.html. My diagnostic output:

get-from-remote-site:
Tying to download org.apache.forrest.plugin.input.dtdx from the distribution sit
e ...
Using Forrest version : 0.9/
Getting: http://forrest.apache.org/plugins//0.9/org.apache.forrest.plugin.input.
dtdx.zip
To: C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Documents\Shared_Drop_Program_Files\apac
he-forrest-0.9\build\plugins\org.apache.forrest.plugin.input.dtdx.zip
local file date : Mon Jan 10 00:07:21 EST 2011
Error opening connection java.io.FileNotFoundException: http://forrest.apache.or
g/plugins//0.9/org.apache.forrest.plugin.input.dtdx.zip
Error opening connection java.io.FileNotFoundException: http://forrest.apache.or
g/plugins//0.9/org.apache.forrest.plugin.input.dtdx.zip
Error opening connection java.io.FileNotFoundException: http://forrest.apache.or
g/plugins//0.9/org.apache.forrest.plugin.input.dtdx.zip
Can't get http://forrest.apache.org/plugins//0.9/org.apache.forrest.plugin.input
.dtdx.zip to C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Documents\Shared_Drop_Program_F
iles\apache-forrest-0.9\build\plugins\org.apache.forrest.plugin.input.dtdx.zip

Is it possible that to solve my build problem 0.9 resources can be restored or that I can get a useable 0.10 in the near future? I'm thinking that I don't want to hand code my xhml any more. Cocoon seems like it might be overkill for static Web pages. Thanks.

Doug Morris

Re: Broken Build?: Plugins Moved between 0.9 to 0.10?

Posted by David Crossley <cr...@apache.org>.
Iain MacKay wrote:

> Just to say I observe the same output when running the documentation build for
> 0.9, and have the same outcome, no index.html resource.
>
> That's not to say that these errors are the reason, just that they are the
> only thing that seems suspicious in the log from the build.
>
> Attempting to build the documentation locally also fails; the error messages
> here seem to be more to do with malformed paths, e.g.
>
> pluginDocs/index.html
> BROKEN: C:\Users\Iain\Applications\forrest\apache-forrest-
> 0.9\main\webapp\.\C:\
> Users\Iain\Applications\forrest\apache-forrest-0.9\site-
> author\build\tmp\C:\
> Users\Iain\Applications\forrest\apache-forrest-
> 0.9\build\plugins\svnHelper.xmap (The filename, directory name, or volume label
> syntax is incorrect)
>
> There are no spaces in my paths and forrest_home points to
> C:\Users\Iain\Applications\forrest\apache-forrest-0.9
> Removing the C: doesn't help.
>
> This is on Windows 7 with JDK 1.6.

Please show what happens with the example site:
]$ mkdir temp; cd temp
]$ forrest seed-sample
]$ forrest

-David

Re: Broken Build?: Plugins Moved between 0.9 to 0.10?

Posted by David Crossley <cr...@apache.org>.
Douglas Morris wrote:

> Hi. Forrest looks like a very promising software. Thanks for working hard on it.
>
> I just tried to build the author-site documentation in forrest 0.9. It seems (I looked online) that the input plugins have moved from
>      http://forrest.apache.org/plugins/0.9/
>      http://forrest.apache.org/plugins/
>
> My build via 'forrest' with 'author-site' as the current directory in Windows XP has broken links and does not generate index.html.

I now tested a fresh installation of Forrest-0.9 release.
It works fine for me.

Are you sure that you were connected to the network during the
first run of forrest? For the "site-author" docs, it needs to
download the specified plugins.

Regarding your comment above about the "plugins moved".
No, that is not how Forrest plugins work.
It finds each one in the "un-versioned" space.
So far IIRC, the only plugin utilising 0.9 version is the PDF plugin.

Explained here:
http://forrest.apache.org/docs/plugins/usingPlugins.html#install

-David