Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by ch...@mediadriver.com on 2012/10/26 16:31:43 UTC

Queue Size wrong

When looking at the Queue size attribute in JConsole for a particular
Queue we noticed that the size would not reseed below a certain number
138. The reporting of this number persisted for several hours. When I
investigated it I looked at the Queue's operation browseMessages it
returned what I had expected 0 messages in the Queue. Once I hit the
resetStatistics the Queue size attribute reflects the correct number of
messages in the Queue 0, but over time this number increases to an
inaccurate Queue size.

ServiceMix 4.4.1
ActiveMQ 5.5.1
AIX 5L 5.3
IBM J9 JVM sr9

Thanks
Chris O.

Re: Queue Size wrong

Posted by James Green <ja...@gmail.com>.
Interesting I think I'm seeing the same with the web console on 5.7.0.

I have a queue that's constantly got a "Number of Pending Messages" count
of 4. Yet the consumer is processing messages quite happily and is often
waiting for new messages. The Dequeued count is occassionally rising.

I am trying to get my broker to work with JConsole for another view of it.
Not convinced I believe the web console at the moment.

James