Posted to users@tomee.apache.org by Ha...@hzd.hessen.de on 2015/12/02 14:34:54 UTC

Question about TomEE+

Hi,
me is involved in finding a new Java-Web-Application-Server and now i have some questions and the answers from you:

Do you have an official commercial support for TomEE+ ?

Whats about license cost for a commercial customer with (DEV-, Quality-, PreProd- and ProdSystem) and lot of incoming users (more then 300) ?

Whats about Highavailability, Failover, Clustering scaleability ?

Many thanks for your time,
sincerly

Hans Schroff
Hans.Schroff@hzd.hessen.de<ma...@hzd.hessen.de>

Re: Question about TomEE+

Posted by Uday Gire <ud...@managecat.com>.
Hello Hans

You can find the companies giving commercial support here, http://tomee.apache.org/commercial-support.html

ManageCat (http://www.managecat.com) also provides professional enterprise support for Apache TomEE application servers.

Best

Uday Gire
Senior Support Engineer, ManageCat
p. +1 (909) - 366 – 9337
a. 340 S Lemon Ave #7996 Walnut, CA 91789
w. http://managecat.com
e uday.gire@managecat.com

Re: Question about TomEE+

Posted by "Jonathan S. Fisher" <jo...@springventuregroup.com>.
The Tomitribe members are incredible, a lot of them are active on this list
and I would highly recommend their services.

The cool thing about TomEE is it's compatible with nearly 100% of all HA
solutions for Tomcat. We use HAProxy with sticky cookies to distribute the
load across our cluster. HAProxy is an incredible piece of software and I
highly recommend it over an Nginix or Apache for load balancing. For
the truly paranoid, you can use Keepalived to have a single IP address
shared across multiple machines. For load distribution among a
cluster, we're using https://github.com/magro/memcached-session-manager
which stores sessions in any piece of software the speaks the memcached
protocol. We're using Couchbase to back our sessions, which is
distributed... we can restart any cluster member at any point in time and
the user's session shifts to another available server automagically. Finally,
I recommend running ActiveMQ externally and use the "network of brokers"
pattern to deliver messages across your cluster.

There's a lot of pieces to assemble here yourself, but all of these
technologies are battle proven and this is a well trodden path. By
assembling the pieces by yourself, you'll learn the intricacies of these
technologies as well meaning your don't have to rely on a third party to
fix your problems because you'll be able to do it yourself!

Good luck!

--
Email Confidentiality Notice: The information contained in this
transmission is confidential, proprietary or privileged and may be subject

Re: Question about TomEE+

Posted by Romain Manni-Bucau <rm...@gmail.com>.
Hi Hans,