Posted to derby-dev@db.apache.org by Myrna van Lunteren <m....@gmail.com> on 2014/03/21 17:47:43 UTC

Plans for 10.10.2 release firming up

Hi,

Now that I've successfully built with Oracle's hotspot 1.8 jvm, I've made
modifications to the 10.10.2 release planning page:
https://wiki.apache.org/db-derby/DerbyTenTenTwoRelease

I want to generate the draft release notes on the 24th (next Monday), and
generate the release artifacts 2 days later, so we can start testing and
voting on the 27th. Running for 2 weeks then brings us to April 4.

There is one issue I am still looking at - DERBY-6468; add a version to
DerbyTesting.jar. But if I cannot get this to work very soon, I'll leave it
for a future event.

Please let me know if there is anything you are working on, or looking at
backporting that I should wait for.
Please let me know if any of these dates prevent people from helping out
testing/voting on the release.

Thanks,
Myrna

Re: Plans for 10.10.2 release firming up

Posted by Rick Hillegas <ri...@oracle.com>.
On 3/21/14 9:47 AM, Myrna van Lunteren wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Now that I've successfully built with Oracle's hotspot 1.8 jvm, I've
> made modifications to the 10.10.2 release planning page:
> https://wiki.apache.org/db-derby/DerbyTenTenTwoRelease
>
> I want to generate the draft release notes on the 24th (next Monday),
> and generate the release artifacts 2 days later, so we can start
> testing and voting on the 27th. Running for 2 weeks then brings us to
> April 4.
>
> There is one issue I am still looking at - DERBY-6468; add a version
> to DerbyTesting.jar. But if I cannot get this to work very soon, I'll
> leave it for a future event.
>
> Please let me know if there is anything you are working on, or looking
> at backporting that I should wait for.
> Please let me know if any of these dates prevent people from helping
> out testing/voting on the release.
>
> Thanks,
> Myrna

Thanks, Myrna. This plan sounds good to me.

Cheers,
-Rick