Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by Udo Palka <ud...@sasken.com> on 2009/08/14 10:34:57 UTC

Which subversion release to use for Centos?

Hi,

we here at Sasken in Bochum are going to install a subversion server on
a  machine running under CentOS 5.

Is there an up to date package available we should use for our
installation?
I cannot find a package for CentOS, so can we just use the Red Hat
package?

Thanks a lot for your help,

Udo

SASKEN BUSINESS DISCLAIMER
-------------------------
This message may contain confidential, proprietary or legally privileged information. In
case you are not the original intended Recipient of the message, you must not, directly or
indirectly, use, Disclose, distribute, print, or copy any part of this message and you are
requested to delete it and inform the sender. Any views expressed in this message are
those of the individual sender unless otherwise stated. Nothing contained in this message
shall be construed as an offer or acceptance of any offer by Sasken Communication
Technologies Limited ("Sasken") unless sent with that express intent and with due
authority of Sasken. Sasken has taken enough precautions to prevent the spread of
viruses. However the company accepts no liability for any damage caused by any virus
transmitted by this email

Re: Which subversion release to use for Centos?

Posted by Nico Kadel-Garcia <nk...@gmail.com>.
On Fri, Aug 14, 2009 at 6:34 AM, Udo Palka<ud...@sasken.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>

> we here at Sasken in Bochum are going to install a subversion server on a
>  machine running under CentOS 5.
>
> Is there an up to date package available we should use for our installation?
> I cannot find a package for CentOS, so can we just use the Red Hat package?

Check out the RPMforge repository, and get subversion-1.6.4 from it.

    http://rpmrepo.org/RPMforge/Using

This is a very handy repository for grabbing many components, like
lftp and subversion and Perl modules, that are available in far more
recent versions than RedHat provides for their now pretty seriously
out of date RHEL releases. Another useful such repository is EPEL,
that backports packages from Fedora for RHEL use.

    https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/EPEL

There is overlap between them, and some version skew on those
overlaps, so it's awkward to activate both of them at the same time.

Re: Which subversion release to use for Centos?

Posted by Michael Diers <md...@elego.de>.