Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by YEL <at...@googlemail.com> on 2007/11/26 12:50:15 UTC

Apache Tomcat 6.0.14 classloader

Hi list,

JVM : 1.6.0
OS   : Windows XP
Tomcat Version : 6.0.14

The problem:
no matter how i set the shared.loader in cataline.properties it does
not load the jars in there:
here is what i tried so far:
shared.loader=${catalina.home}/shared/lib,${catalina.home}/shared/lib/*.jar

it did not works so i moved my jars to ${catalina.home}/zk and tried this:

shared.loader=file:///c:/Java/servers/TOMCAT_6/zk/*.jar

and since it did not work i tried this too:

shared.loader=${catalina.home}/zk,${catalina.home}/zk/*.jar

non of the above try was successful loading my jars am i missing something?

thanks for any suggestion!
Yassine
--
(e==mc²)?

RE: Apache Tomcat 6.0.14 classloader

Posted by "Caldarale, Charles R" <Ch...@unisys.com>.
> From: YEL [mailto:atlasloewenherz@googlemail.com]
> Subject: Apache Tomcat 6.0.14 classloader
>
> no matter how i set the shared.loader in cataline.properties it does
> not load the jars in there:

Works fine for me.  I moved (not copied) jstl.jar and standard.jar from
webapps/examples/WEB-INF/lib to a new $TOMCAT_HOME/shared directory, and
updated catalina.properties with the following:

shared.loader=${catalina.home}/shared,${catalina.home}/shared/*.jar

Running the URL:
http://localhost:8080/examples/jsp/jsp2/tagfiles/products.jsp

forces use of the above jars.  It runs correctly with the jars in
shared, fails with NCDFE if I completely remove them.

Make sure that the jars you placed in your shared/lib directory are not
present anywhere else, in any webapp.

 - Chuck

and its attachments from all computers.