Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Tian Chi <ch...@yahoo.com> on 2005/08/23 07:44:21 UTC

'required' is undefined when using struts javascript validation

Hi,

I'm a newbie at using strus and have been trying to get client-side validation to work using Struts, but I 'm receiving a javascript error while trying to use the
'required ' validation rule. The error in IE and FireFox both say:

Error: 'required ' is undefined

When I look at the generated javascript, it seems the object 'required' is not defined in the following generated function. Can anyone give me some guidance how to resolve this? I'd really appreciate it.  Hope to hear from you soon.

function validateRequired(form) {
var isValid = true;
var focusField = null;
var i = 0;
var fields = new Array();
oRequired = new required();
for (x in oRequired) {
var field = form[oRequired[x][0]];
... <blah > <blah >

Thanks in advance,

-Paul

---------------------------------

Re: Struts Hibernate error

Posted by Emmanouil Batsis <Em...@eurodyn.com>.
Luiz Godoy wrote:

>------------
>java.lang.RuntimeException: Exception building SessionFactory: null

Search the hibernate forums, could be anything from your
hibernate.cfg.xml location to your JDK version. In any case, it has
nothing to do with struts.

hth,

Manos

RE: Struts Hibernate error

Posted by Marco Mistroni <mm...@waersystems.com>.
hELLO,
	how r you initializing your SessionFactory?
Specifically, how are you integrating Hibernate inside Struts?
Are you using a struts plugin for hibernate?
If you check www.hibernate.org, there are FAQ for how to properly use
A SessionFactory
Proper way was using a ServletFilter if I remember correctly...

If you want to avoid headaches, try to use Spring for managing
Hibernate session

HTH
	marco

Posted by Luiz Godoy <oc...@yahoo.com>.
[...]
 at servletunit.struts.MockStrutsTestCase.actionPerform(MockStrutsTestCase.java:290)
 at test.com.bm.pcs.corporativo.actions.TestFamiliaDNCAction.testLoadPage(TestFamiliaDNCAction.java:46)
 at org.eclipse.jdt.internal.junit.runner.RemoteTestRunner.runTests(RemoteTestRunner.java:436)
 at org.eclipse.jdt.internal.junit.runner.RemoteTestRunner.run(RemoteTestRunner.java:311)
 at org.eclipse.jdt.internal.junit.runner.RemoteTestRunner.main(RemoteTestRunner.java:192)
------------
Root Cause:
------------
java.lang.RuntimeException: Exception building SessionFactory: null
 at com.bm.infra.persistence.hibernate.SessionManager.currentSession(SessionManager.java:34)
 at com.bm.infra.persistence.hibernate.HibernatePersistenceManager.find(HibernatePersistenceManager.java:185)
 at com.bm.infra.persistence.hibernate.HibernatePersistenceManager.find(HibernatePersistenceManager.java:175)
 at com.ccne.dao.FamiliaDNCDAO.findByCodigo(FamiliaDNCDAO.java:41)
 at com.ccne.bs.CadastroFamiliaDNC.findByCodigo(CadastroFamiliaDNC.java:34)
 at com.bm.pcs.corporativo.actions.FamiliaDNCAction.excluir(FamiliaDNCAction.java:118)
 at org.apache.struts.actions.DispatchAction.dispatchMethod(DispatchAction.java:274)
 at org.apache.struts.actions.DispatchAction.execute(DispatchAction.java:194)
 at com.bm.infra.web.action.BasicAction.execute(BasicAction.java:142)
 at org.apache.struts.action.RequestProcessor.processActionPerform(RequestProcessor.java:419)
 at org.apache.struts.action.RequestProcessor.process(RequestProcessor.java:224)
 at org.apache.struts.action.ActionServlet.process(ActionServlet.java:1194)
 at org.apache.struts.action.ActionServlet.doPost(ActionServlet.java:432)
 at servletunit.struts.MockStrutsTestCase.actionPerform(MockStrutsTestCase.java:290)
 at test.com.bm.pcs.corporativo.actions.TestFamiliaDNCAction.testLoadPage(TestFamiliaDNCAction.java:46) <--- all i have here is the actionPerform(); on line 46

Re: Struts Hibernate error

Posted by Emmanouil Batsis <Em...@eurodyn.com>.

Struts Hibernate error

Posted by Luiz Godoy <oc...@yahoo.com>.
I´m having this error using eclipse, with struts and hibernate, any clue ?

INFO: using CGLIB reflection optimizer

23/08/2005 10:12:25 org.hibernate.cfg.Environment <clinit>

INFO: using JDK 1.4 java.sql.Timestamp handling

23/08/2005 10:12:25 org.apache.struts.action.RequestProcessor processException

WARNING: Unhandled Exception thrown: class java.lang.RuntimeException

Thanks

RE: 'required' is undefined when using struts javascript validation

Posted by Mariano Petrakovsky <mp...@tecnonexo.com>.
The problem si the function name generated by struts.

I'm fix this problem, modifying the validator_rules.xml (I'm attach this)...
Sure exist a more correct to resolve this problem... but... time is money.

The function name generated by struts is "<formName>_required (form)" for
required validator for instance. But the javascript in validator_rules.xml
search for a "required(form)" function. I modify the javascript in
validator_rules.xml for it search the correct function name.

Saludos :)...

--
Mariano G. Petrakovsky
Programmer · Software Factory

Development facilities:Av. Maipú 1252 8º (C1006ACT) · Buenos Aires ·
Argentina.
Tel.: (54-11) 4878-0005 - Fax: (54-11) 4878-0065.

Headquarters: 1604 Spring Hill Road, Suite 160 Vienna · VA 22182 · USA.
Tel.: (202) 986-7541 - Fax: (202) 787-3891.

· · · ·