Posted to httpclient-users@hc.apache.org by kp...@mgr.ru on 2008/04/01 11:43:54 UTC

Using Examples Questions - TrivialApp

Hello!

I'm novice & trying the TrivialApp.java example
with commons-httpclient-3.1.jar and commons-logging-1.1.1.jar
and have some problems/questions:

1) I MUST add commons-codec-1.3.jar into -classpath param to run
TrivialApp.class otherwise I have exception,

2) How to switch-on logging?
I've used -Dorg.apache.commons.loggin.simplelog.defaultlog=... but
havn't any log.

TrivialApp.class works and shows the page pointed by URL on intranet
servers.

My next step - to use NTLM authentication with my proxy and go to
Internet.
Should I modify commons-httpclient classes?

Thanks

Re: Using Examples Questions - TrivialApp

Posted by Oleg Kalnichevski <ol...@apache.org>.
On Tue, 2008-04-01 at 13:43 +0400, kpa@mgr.ru wrote:
> Hello!
>
> I'm novice & trying the TrivialApp.java example
> with commons-httpclient-3.1.jar and commons-logging-1.1.1.jar
> and have some problems/questions:
>
> 1) I MUST add commons-codec-1.3.jar into -classpath param to run
> TrivialApp.class otherwise I have exception,

Yes, Commons Codec is required to run HttpClient

> 2) How to switch-on logging?
> I've used -Dorg.apache.commons.loggin.simplelog.defaultlog=... but
> havn't any log.

Please refer to the Commons Logging documentation for detailed
explanations on the usage of the simple logger

> TrivialApp.class works and shows the page pointed by URL on intranet
> servers.
>
> My next step - to use NTLM authentication with my proxy and go to
> Internet.
> Should I modify commons-httpclient classes?

There is no need to modify any of the HttpClient classes. You just need
to configure HttpClient appropriately.

http://hc.apache.org/httpclient-3.x/authentication.html

Please note, though, HttpClient supports NTLMv1 only. It presently does
not work with NTLMv2.

Hope this helps

Oleg