Posted to legal-discuss@apache.org by Niclas Hedhman <ni...@apache.org> on 2005/02/17 11:45:09 UTC

Re: The reason I am against setting Reply-To (was Re: [VOTE] on Reply-To on legal-discuss)

On Thursday 17 February 2005 06:19, Brian W. Fitzpatrick wrote:
> Based on the above example, I think that having the Reply-To set on a
> list can be a terribly dangerous thing to do--in one case the default
> annoys you, but in the other, the default can harm you.  It seems
> obvious to me that the default that can cause harm should never be the
> default.

IMHO, very weak argument; The default behaviour of a car going 100mph is to
keep rolling and only very slowly decreasing the speed. If you don't take
active action, away from the default, it *will* cause you great harm.

Cheers
Niclas