Posted to users@cxf.apache.org by Jim Talbut <jt...@spudsoft.co.uk> on 2011/02/08 16:58:13 UTC

Load distribution and failover

  Hi,

I want to have both load distribution (random or round robin) and
failover for my CXF clients.
And I want them to work with multiple DNS entries (i.e. round robin DNS).

I wrote a RoundRobinDnsFailoverStrategy, but I can't see any way that
the failover configuration will change the conduit unless there is a
failover.
My next thought was to produce a conduitSelector, at which point I find
that the conduitSelector isn't used if the failover strategy is used
(presumably because the failover strategy is implemented with a conduit
selector).

So I think what is needed is either a change to give the failover
strategy an option to change the conduit on each call, or a custom
conduit selector that is basically a copy of the FailoverTargetSelector.

Any thoughts?

Thanks

Jim