Posted to dev@subversion.apache.org by Sergey Gotvansky <Se...@materialise.kiev.ua> on 2006/01/26 10:52:24 UTC

Renaming author names in log info

Hello Subversion team,

My team is using Subversion at our sites. We imported old project from M$ SourceUnSafe and our logs contain login names. We've decided to rename our login names cuz it's very difficult to understand it. Could somebody help me with any information or examples how could I rename existing logs. We are using BDB repositories, some googling didn't help me finding any DBD files editors.

Thank you.

WBR,

Serge Gotvansky

Re: Renaming author names in log info

Posted by "Peter N. Lundblad" <pe...@famlundblad.se>.
On Thu, 26 Jan 2006, Sergey Gotvansky wrote:

> Hello Subversion team,
>  My team is using Subversion at our sites. We imported old project from
> M$ SourceUnSafe and our logs contain login names. We've decided to
> rename our login names cuz it's very difficult to understand it. Could
> somebody help me with any information or examples how could I rename
> existing logs. We are using BDB repositories, some googling didn't help
> me finding any DBD files editors.

This kind of questions normally go to users@, but anyway... YOu can svn
propset or svn propedit the svn:author revision property (and svn:log if
you have author names inside log messages).  You must enable the
pre-revprop-change hook in the repository first.

Thanks,
//Peter

Re: Renaming author names in log info

Posted by Marcus Rueckert <da...@web.de>.
On 2006-01-26 12:52:24 +0200, Sergey Gotvansky wrote:
> My team is using Subversion at our sites. We imported old project from
> M$ SourceUnSafe and our logs contain login names. We've decided to
> rename our login names cuz it's very difficult to understand it. Could
> somebody help me with any information or examples how could I rename
> existing logs. We are using BDB repositories, some googling didn't
> help me finding any DBD files editors.

this is more a question for the users mailinglist.

svn propget --rev-prop svn:author
svn propset --rev-prop svn:author

see the book on revision properties and how to change them.

darix