Posted to user@nutch.apache.org by Rick Francis <ri...@soundflavor.com> on 2008/01/18 03:50:05 UTC

Help with parse-mp3?

I'm trying to get the parse-mp3 plugin working in my nutch installation.
I've found and downloaded jid3lib-0.5.4.jar but I can't find parse-mp3.jar.
I see the source for it in the nutch distribution, but not the jar file. I'm
a Java newbie so I'm not sure exactly what I need to build the jar file from
the source. Any help or pointers would be appreciated.

Rick

Re: Help with parse-mp3?

Posted by al...@aim.com.
 Unfortunately, I am not familiar with it. Can you give us more info? about it.

Thanks.
Alex.

Posted by Brian Whitman <br...@variogr.am>.

On Jan 17, 2008, at 9:50 PM, Rick Francis wrote:?

> I'm trying to get the parse-mp3 plugin working in my nutch > installation.?

> I've found and downloaded jid3lib-0.5.4.jar but I can't find parse-> mp3.jar.?
?

I try to say this whenever this comes up: you'd be a lot better off rolling your own. the jid3 parser is very buggy and causes lots of crashes and (worse) hangs. It's not well maintained and doesn't handle a lot of mp3s. We farm this out to a python id3 parser (eyeD3) which I find a lot more robust.?

More new features than ever.  Check out the new AIM(R) Mail ! - http://webmail.aim.com

Re: Help with parse-mp3?

Posted by Brian Whitman <br...@variogr.am>.

Re: Help with parse-mp3?

Posted by Hasan Diwan <ha...@gmail.com>.
Sir:
you need to build it by enabling it in build.xml in src/plugin/ ; it
should then be built with ant.

--
Cheers,
Hasan Diwan <ha...@gmail.com>