Posted to dev@stratos.apache.org by Imesh Gunaratne <im...@apache.org> on 2015/05/13 19:28:31 UTC

[Discuss] Disabling Component Startup Synchronizer in a Distributed Deployment

Hi Devs,

We implemented $subject [1] [2] to preserve the startup order of the
components. However it looks like this becomes a problem in a distributed
deployment.

As a solution to this I have now added a new system property to control its
behaviour:
-Dstratos.component.startup.synchronizer.enabled=true|false

[1]
https://github.com/apache/stratos/blob/master/components/org.apache.stratos.common/src/main/java/org/apache/stratos/common/services/ComponentStartUpSynchronizer.java
[2]
https://github.com/apache/stratos/blob/master/components/org.apache.stratos.common/src/main/java/org/apache/stratos/common/internal/ComponentStartUpSynchronizerImpl.java

In Single JVM mode we can keep this enabled and it can be disabled when
running in distributed mode using profiles.

Thanks

--
Imesh Gunaratne

Senior Technical Lead, WSO2