Posted to dev@directory.apache.org by Ersin Er <er...@gmail.com> on 2006/09/04 15:53:14 UTC

Build failure due to recent MINA updates and which version of MINA to use

Hi,

Currenly, trunks does not build due to some interface changes in MINA.
1.1 services use MINA 0.9.5-SNAPSHOT, so they are all affected.
However 1.0 services use MINA 0.9.4 and so they are not affected and
1.0-trunks builds fine.

So two things to consider:
1. We need to fix 1.1-trunk build problem. (We'll only add some empty
methods to some classes as Trustin suggested.)
.2 Shall we use MINA 0.9.5{-SNAPSHOT} for 1.0 branch?

Cheers,

--
Ersin

Re: Build failure due to recent MINA updates and which version of MINA to use

Posted by Trustin Lee <tr...@gmail.com>.
On 9/4/06, Ersin Er <er...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Currenly, trunks does not build due to some interface changes in MINA.
> 1.1 services use MINA 0.9.5-SNAPSHOT, so they are all affected.
> However 1.0 services use MINA 0.9.4 and so they are not affected and
> 1.0-trunks builds fine.
>
> So two things to consider:
> 1. We need to fix 1.1-trunk build problem. (We'll only add some empty
> methods to some classes as Trustin suggested.)
> .2 Shall we use MINA 0.9.5{-SNAPSHOT} for 1.0 branch?

I am sorry about this problem first of all.  Please try to blow away the
mina directory in your local m2 repository.  I didn't deploy the changes, so
it should build fine then.

I will fix this problem when I am in the office tomorrow morning.

Trustin
http://gleamynode.net/
--
PGP key fingerprints:
* B693 628E 6047 4F8F CFA4  455E 1C62 A7DC 0255 ECA6

Re: Build failure due to recent MINA updates and which version of MINA to use

Posted by Alex Karasulu <ao...@bellsouth.net>.
Ersin Er wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Currenly, trunks does not build due to some interface changes in MINA.
> 1.1 services use MINA 0.9.5-SNAPSHOT, so they are all affected.
> However 1.0 services use MINA 0.9.4 and so they are not affected and
> 1.0-trunks builds fine.
>
> So two things to consider:
> 1. We need to fix 1.1-trunk build problem. (We'll only add some empty
> methods to some classes as Trustin suggested.)
> .2 Shall we use MINA 0.9.5{-SNAPSHOT} for 1.0 branch?

Yeah we need to swithc to 0.9.5 since this is what we will release RC4 with.

Alex