Posted to c-dev@xerces.apache.org by Ranjana Srivastava <rs...@CTCHOME.com> on 2002/01/14 16:07:12 UTC

Need Help getting started

Hi all
I am very new to C++ and  XML , however I need to do a project using
Xerces in Borland C++.
Can somebody please help me get started.
I have downloaded the "xerces-c1_6_0-win32.zip" file and set my 'path'
to point to the bin directory .
But i cant get the samples to work.
I have also seen some downloads specifically for BorlandC++. What is
that for , am i supposed to use those instead of the one mentioned
above.
If so what i do after I download these files - add those to my path
too.....?????
I know these are dumb questions but I really dont know how to get
started. Please help me

Ranjana Srivastava
Controller Technologies Corporation
810-532-8400

Re: Need Help getting started

Posted by Don Mastrovito <dm...@marathontechnologies.com>.
Ranjana,

The xerces-c1_6_0-win32.zipzip file you downloaded contained only the MSVC
binaries.  These are the onles that are built by the Xerces team.  I supply
them with the Borland stuff.  You can find those files in
http://xml.apache.org/dist/xerces-c/experimental/bcb5/xerces-c1_6_0-BCB5.zip.
I only maintain the BCB5 files.  Let me know if you are running an older
IDE and we'll figure something out.

HTH,
Don