Posted to apache-bugdb@apache.org by Bob Farnworth <rd...@osi.com> on 1998/08/04 18:05:35 UTC

config/2776: sed: command garbled: s%@conf_serveradmin@%rdf1@abinadi.h.root-servers.net

>Number:         2776
>Category:       config
>Synopsis:       sed: command garbled: s%@conf_serveradmin@%rdf1@abinadi.h.root-servers.net
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       serious
>Release:        1.3.1
>Environment:
SunOS abinadi 5.5.1 Generic_103640-18 sun4m sparc SUNW,SPARCstation-5
# file /usr/local/bin/gcc
/usr/local/bin/gcc:     ELF 32-bit MSB executable SPARC Version 1, dynamically linked, not stripped

ollie:=> ls -l /usr/local/bin/gcc
-r-xr-xr-x   2 root     root      119548 Sep 13  1996 /usr/local/bin/gcc*
I am trying to run the configure script.  Here is the output:

# ./configure --prefix=/apache
Configuring for Apache, Version 1.3.1
Creating Makefile
sed: command garbled: s%@conf_serveradmin@%rdf1@abinadi.h.root-servers.net
Creating Configuration.apaci in src
Creating Makefile in src
 + configured for Solaris 251 platform
 + setting C compiler to gcc
 + adding selected modules
 + checking for system header files
 + doing sanity check on compiler and options
Creating Makefile in src/support
Creating Makefile in src/main
Creating Makefile in src/ap
Creating Makefile in src/regex
Creating Makefile in src/os/unix
Creating Makefile in src/modules/standard
#

This creates a 0 byte Makefile in /apache/apache_1.3.1.

I have been getting this from both the .Z and .gz files.
>How-To-Repeat:

>Fix:
If I edit the configure script and change the %@ to a /@ the Makefile is created.
I then get the following errors running make:

# make
===> rc
make[1]: Entering directory `/rdf1/apache_1.3.1'
make[1]: kf: No such file or directory
make[1]: *** No rule to make target `kf'.  Stop.
make[1]: Leaving directory `/rdf1/apache_1.3.1'
make: *** [build] Error 2
#