Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Geoff Peters <Ge...@logic.bm> on 2002/06/07 16:12:25 UTC

Tomcat Unexplained Shutdown

I am running Tomcat 4.0.2 on Windows NT 4.0, it is running a web based faxing application that users can attach a document to send to a server process that sends it as an attachment. This is done using servlets. Every so often, if a user uploads an attachment the server doesn't like, it shuts down Tomcat, other times it seems if the user tries to view a file on the server that doesn't exist, the Tomcat server shuts itself down. This is very annoying, and the customer is not impressed - is there is a way to simply throw an exception and continue running, instead of Tomcat shutting itself down? I can't really be more specific as there are no errors in the log files to correspond to these occurrences, all I know is that it happens and makes the app look WAY less stable than if it was built using ASP's and running under IIS......

Any suggestions?

Geoff