Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Maxwell Grender-Jones <MG...@email.com> on 2004/05/13 14:54:02 UTC

RE: how can I change ${basedir} for cvs updates

I am trying to use the reactor to build a number of projects. I would
also like to be able to use the reactor to do cvs updates on them.

To avoid cluttering, my project.xml, maven.xml and project.properties
files all sit in a maven/ subdirectory of each project, and so when
maven is run on them ${basedir} refers to maven/. However, this means
that when I try to run a cvs update, it only updates the maven/
directory, and as far as I can see, there is no way to do a cvs up ../

Does anyone know a solution to this problem? Ideally, I'd set ${basedir}
to be ../, but if there's some way of telling the scm plugin to do
updates from a parent of the current directory, that would be an
acceptable alternative.

Many thanks,

Max
On Thu, 2004-04-15 at 08:55, Brett Porter wrote:
> Its possible to move the project file (I understand why you want that), but
> not possible to move basedir. You'll have to edit project.xml and
> project.properties to include '..'
>
> Alternatively, you could set myBaseDir=${basedir}/.. And use ${myBaseDir}
> instead of ${basedir} in your project.
>
> - Brett

[M. Grender-Jones                                ]
[MSN: MGrenderJones@email.com       ICQ: 28467015]

I read the FM, and it didn't work.