Posted to slide-dev@jakarta.apache.org by Unger Richard <ru...@camino.at> on 2002/09/20 15:27:19 UTC

Help: Problems with Initialization...

Hi There!

After finishing my slide setup, I cannot seem to get the AutoVersioning
working. I have looked in the code quite a bit, and this is the reason:

I have things set up so that the SlideServerListener starts slide for me
when tomcat starts. The SlideServerListener uses EmbeddedDomain, I do not
know why. The EmbeddedDomain takes care of reading the configuration and
initializing the namespaces. However, it does not seem to initialize any of
the parameters in the domain.

So, the EmbeddedDomain does not read the DAV related parameters at the end
of the Domain.xml file. When the WebDav servlet starts, it is initialized
with the nameSpaceAccessToken from the SlideServerListener using a new
SlideWebdavContextListener class I wrote. Thus the webdav servlet uses the
same domain, and does not read the auto-version-control parameter as it
should...

I think I have to modify EmbeddedDomain.java to read these parameters from
the Domain.xml file, and add them to the static domain, so that the servlet
can access this information when started from the Listeners...

Any suggestions?

Richie