Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Adriaan Joubert <ad...@gmail.com> on 2012/01/13 10:58:32 UTC

[T5.3.1] Tapestry.js error on IE8

Hi,

I'm somewhat non-plussed by a javascript error in Tapestry.js on IE8
(this works fine on firefox/chrome).

We have several zones on a page, and in Tapestry.onDOMLoaded there is a call

Tapestry.init({
  "formEventManager" : [
    {
      "formId" : "GlobalSearch",
      "validate" : {
        "submit" : true,
        "blur" : true
      }
    },
    {
      "formId" : "form",
      "validate" : {
        "submit" : true,
        "blur" : true
      }
    },
    {
      "formId" : "changeClient",
      "validate" : {
        "submit" : true,
        "blur" : true
      }
    }
  ]
});

So far so good. During the initialisation of the zones there is a call to

formEventManager : function(spec) {
        $T(spec.formId).formEventManager = new Tapestry.FormEventManager(
            spec);
    },

spec is the first element in the list of zones:

spec { formId : "GlobalSearch", validate : {...} }

JScript then tries to execute $T("GlobalSearch")  which maps to

function $T(element) {
    return $(element).getStorage();
}

so that translates to

$("GlobalSearch").getStorage();

and dies with

"Object doesn't support this property or method"

Checking in the debugger there is indeed no getStorage() method on
$("GlobalSearch").

So what to do?

Any help appreciated!

Cheers,