Posted to j-dev@xerces.apache.org by Arbees <ar...@yahoo.com> on 2002/05/01 00:26:23 UTC

java.lang.VerifyError

hi, we were using xerces 1.4.4 and recently moved to
xerces 2.0.1 and started getting the following error
from our class which was using the 1.4.4. api's:

java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException:
java.lang.VerifyError: (class: <our class>, method:
parse signature:
(Ljava/lang/String;)Lorg/w3c/dom/Document;)
Incompatible object argument for method call

We actually had to recompile our class with the new
2.0.1 api's to get things to work.

so the question is: is 2.0.1 not compatible with
1.4.4 ? we have a deployed system where we just want
use 2.0.1 (by replacing the libs) without recompiling
and redeploying our code, how can we do that ?

thanks for any pointers/suggestions (or references
if this issue has been addressed before, i couldn't
find the latest mailing list archive).

arbess