Posted to users@myfaces.apache.org by Dennis Byrne <de...@dbyrne.net> on 2005/11/06 22:42:10 UTC

cyclic managed bean references

I was getting a StackOverflow using 1.0.9 because I had
cyclic managed bean references.  These guys probably had the
same.

http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/MYFACES-394?
page=comments#action_12356095

I upgraded to 1.1.1 and I get the following.

javax.faces.FacesException: Detected cyclic reference to
managedBean AuctionItem

Is there, or will there, be support for cyclic references in
jsf and/or the myFaces implementation of it?
Dennis Byrne

Re: cyclic managed bean references

Posted by Simon Kitching <sk...@obsidium.com>.
Dennis Byrne wrote:
> I was getting a StackOverflow using 1.0.9 because I had
> cyclic managed bean references.  These guys probably had the
> same.
>
> http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/MYFACES-394?
> page=comments#action_12356095
>
> I upgraded to 1.1.1 and I get the following.
>
> javax.faces.FacesException: Detected cyclic reference to
> managedBean AuctionItem
>
> Is there, or will there, be support for cyclic references in
> jsf and/or the myFaces implementation of it?

Well, the spec is very clear that cyclic references are forbidden.
I don't have the 1.1 spec available, but the 1.2 spec section 5.3 says:
"It is an error to configure cyclic references between managed beans".

Regards,

Simon

Re: cyclic managed bean references

Posted by Martin Marinschek <ma...@gmail.com>.
No.

Spec says we have to throw a FacesException.

regards,

Martin

--

http://www.irian.at