Posted to dev@beam.apache.org by Davor Bonaci <da...@apache.org> on 2017/04/24 07:48:44 UTC

Community hackathon

We've been working as a community towards the first stable release for a
while now, and I think we made a ton of progress across the board over the
last few weeks.

We could try to organize a community-wide hackathon to identify and fix
those last few issues, as well as to get a better sense of the overall
project quality as it stands right now.

This could be a self-organized event, and coordinated via the Slack
channel. For example, we (as a community and participants) can try out the
project in various ways -- quickstart, examples, different runners,
different platforms -- immediately fixing issues as we run into them. It
could last, say, 24 hours, with people from different time zones
participating at the time of their choosing.

Thoughts?

Davor

Re: Community hackathon

Posted by Davor Bonaci <da...@apache.org>.
Thanks everyone!

A quick summary:
* I've counted nearly 20 participants; there were possibly more.
* 11+ issues filed.
* 10+ bugs fixed.
* Some severe issues discovered, but most things did work as expected.
* Grew to 146 participants on the Slack channel, nearly 20 new participants
20 in the past several days.

I learned quite a few new tricks, and I think we made a dent in our overall
stability -- thanks everyone!

Davor

Re: Community hackathon

Posted by Davor Bonaci <da...@apache.org>.