Posted to dev@qpid.apache.org by Rafael Schloming <ra...@redhat.com> on 2010/02/18 13:07:28 UTC

cpp configure issue

I was recently building the cpp broker on a freshly installed machine,
and it kept reporting missing boost header files. This was rather
confusing since I had boost-devel installed and the header files it was
complaining about were exactly where they should be.

After being confused for a while, I finally dug through config.log
enough to realize that the real issue was that g++ wasn't installed, but
this was showing up as an error when it tried to check for the boost
header files and then being incorrectly reported as the boost header
files missing.

--Rafael

Project:      http://qpid.apache.org

Re: cpp configure issue

Posted by Rafael Schloming <ra...@redhat.com>.
Steve Huston wrote:
>> I was recently building the cpp broker on a freshly installed
>> machine,
>> and it kept reporting missing boost header files. This was rather
>> confusing since I had boost-devel installed and the header
>> files it was
>> complaining about were exactly where they should be.
>>
>> After being confused for a while, I finally dug through config.log
>> enough to realize that the real issue was that g++ wasn't
>> installed, but
>> this was showing up as an error when it tried to check for the boost
>> header files and then being incorrectly reported as the boost header
>> files missing.
>
> Was this using cmake or autoconf?

autoconf

RE: cpp configure issue

Posted by Steve Huston <sh...@riverace.com>.
> I was recently building the cpp broker on a freshly installed
> machine,
> and it kept reporting missing boost header files. This was rather
> confusing since I had boost-devel installed and the header
> files it was
> complaining about were exactly where they should be.
>
> After being confused for a while, I finally dug through config.log
> enough to realize that the real issue was that g++ wasn't
> installed, but
> this was showing up as an error when it tried to check for the boost
> header files and then being incorrectly reported as the boost header
> files missing.

Was this using cmake or autoconf?

-Steve

Project:      http://qpid.apache.org