Posted to dev@tomcat.apache.org by Glenn Nielsen <gl...@mail.more.net> on 2003/10/20 02:04:33 UTC

Tomcat 5/4 DefaultContext Listener/Loader

The docs for both Tomcat 4 and 5 imply that you can nest a Context Listener inside
the DefaultContext.  But this had not been implemented.

I had a need to implement a custom Context Listener and Custom Loader (WebappLoader)
which needed to be configurable using the DefaultContext.

I have patches for both Tomcat 4 and Tomcat 5 which implement the ability
to configure a nested Context Listener and a nested Webapp Loader inside
the DefaultContext.

When developing that patches I did not change any published interfaces, though
the internal catalina implementation had to be slightly modified.

I can commit this to Tomcat 5 first, then if everyone is ok with it,
commit the Tomcat 4 version of the patches.

Regards,

Glenn

Re: Tomcat 5/4 DefaultContext Listener/Loader

Posted by Remy Maucherat <re...@apache.org>.
Glenn Nielsen wrote:

> The docs for both Tomcat 4 and 5 imply that you can nest a Context
> Listener inside
> the DefaultContext.  But this had not been implemented.
>
> I had a need to implement a custom Context Listener and Custom Loader
> (WebappLoader)
> which needed to be configurable using the DefaultContext.
>
> I have patches for both Tomcat 4 and Tomcat 5 which implement the ability
> to configure a nested Context Listener and a nested Webapp Loader inside
> the DefaultContext.

Why not ?

> When developing that patches I did not change any published interfaces,
> though
> the internal catalina implementation had to be slightly modified.
>
> I can commit this to Tomcat 5 first, then if everyone is ok with it,
> commit the Tomcat 4 version of the patches.

If you are certain it is not going to cause any regression ;-)

Remy