Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by John and Alicia Scott <gr...@worldnet.att.net> on 2002/07/05 21:19:14 UTC

Tomcat 4.0.3-HTTP Status 500-Internal Server Error

Hi,

I've just started to use Tomcat 4.0.3.  All of the applications in the \webapps\examples file that came with Tomcat run correctly.  I added a new folder, \webapps\examples\jsp\forms, that contains form.jsp.  This file sends/receives data from a javabean that I put in the \webapps\examples\WEB_INF\classes\forms folder.  The bean is named FormBean.java.  When I try to run the jps page from my browser, I get the following error message: Tomcat 4.0.3-HTTP Status 500-Internal Server Error.  I copies part of the long root cause output below.
java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: com.jguru.FormBean
	at org.apache.catalina.loader.WebappClassLoader.loadClass(WebappClassLoader.java:1394)
	at org.apache.catalina.loader.WebappClassLoader.loadClass(WebappClassLoader.java:1243)
	at org.apache.jasper.compiler.BeanRepository.getBeanType(BeanRepository.java:181)
	at org.apache.jasper.compiler.GetPropertyGenerator.generate(GetPropertyGenerator.java:102)
	at org.apache.jasper.compiler.JspParseEventListener$GeneratorWrapper.generate(JspParseEventListener.java:834)
	at org.apache.jasper.compiler.JspParseEventListener.generateAll(JspParseEventListener.java:241)
	at org.apache.jasper.compiler.JspParseEventListener.endPageProcessing(JspParseEventListener.java:197)
	at org.apache.jasper.compiler.Compiler.compile(Compiler.java:215)
	at org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.loadJSP(JspServlet.java:552)
	at org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet$JspServletWrapper.loadIfNecessary(JspServlet.java:177)
	at org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet$JspServletWrapper.service(JspServlet.java:189)
	at org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.serviceJspFile(JspServlet.java:382)
	at org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.service(JspServlet.java:474)
This appears to be a classpath problem, but I can't identify what is wrong with my configuration, if anything.  Do you have suggestions
on how to correct this problem?
Thanks,
John

Re: Tomcat 4.0.3-HTTP Status 500-Internal Server Error

Posted by Arshad Mahmood <ar...@compuvision.co.uk>.
Because you have put your bean in "com.jguru", you need to duplicate this
under WEB-INF/classes. Your bean should then reside as
"WEB-INF/classes/com/jguru/FormBean.class".

Regards.