Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by yuan gogo <go...@gmail.com> on 2008/03/25 06:57:49 UTC

T5: Can Grid support custom label in UTF-8 encoding?

I have UserList.java UserList.tml UserList.properties.
In UserList I used a grid to show all registerd users and I'd like to custom
the Grid header.
So I defined some column titles in UserList.properties (of course, in
Chinese and the file is UTF-8 encoding), but it can not be displayed
correctly. English chars has no such problems.

Anybody helps?

TIA and Best regards!

Re: T5: Can Grid support custom label in UTF-8 encoding?

Posted by Yura Tkachenko <tr...@gmail.com>.
Also don't forget to encode property file in UTF-8. You can use native2ascii
tool from JDK to convert native encoded file to Unicode encoded file.

Posted by yuan gogo <go...@gmail.com>.
Thank you, but did u read my post carefully?
I DID add a properties file encoding in UTF-8, and add a something-lable
which matches the data source column name.
It changed the column's title, but displayed some text which I don't expect.

Posted by Yura Tkachenko <tr...@gmail.com>.
Hi,